Either in studio or in a mosh pit, Dave's work can be distinguished by an ability to capture moments at once fleeting and revealing. His images are marked by an ability to grab candid moments that seem meticulously posed to reveal character: the grimly mocking stare of an ex-hippie now in a position of authority; a child's open expression, equally hopeful and vulnerable; the moment a hipster kiss becomes real; Kanye, seeming to emerge from an actual fog of cool; Obama's smile, at once political and personal.
- 2004 - Graduated, Purdue University, B.S. Computer Graphics Technology
- 2006 - Assisted for award winning photographer and Nikon Ambassador Andrew Hancock
- 2008 - Shot local concerts for indianapolis-based culture & music publications and blogs
- 2009 - Photographed concerts and music festivals around the world including Lollapalooza, SXSW, Pitchfork festival, Monolith music festival, Forecastle festival, By:Larm in Oslo, Norway
- 2009 - Accepted position as staff photographer for Guitar Center, the world's largest musical instrument retailer
Dave enjoys playing drums & guitar, listening to music on vinyl and serving the local community by volunteering for various organizations. He lives in the Indianapolis area with his wife, Jess, and daughters , Ramona and Tilda.
New York Times, New York Magazine, SPIN Magazine, National Guitar Center promo campaigns & buyer's guides, ProGam3r Magazine, Indianapolis Star Media, various prominent music blogs.